SUMMARY: Php Compile Errors

Thanks to Rick Beebe for inquiring as to whether there was a "typedef int BOOL;"
in pcre_internal.h (there was and was the first thing I had checked).

I had to remove the line immediately above that typedef (it compiled using Tru64's cc):

#ifndef FALSE

--------------Original Post--------------

Tru64 5.1B, PK6, Php 5.2.8

I am hitting a lot of errors similar to:

cc: Error: /usr/users/install/php-5.2.8/ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre_internal.h, line
1143: In this declaration, "BOOL" appears to be used as if it named a type, but
there is no declared type of that name visible. (typedefnotdef)
extern BOOL _pcre_was_newline(const uschar *, int, const uschar *,
-------^
cc: Error: /usr/users/install/php-5.2.8/ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre_internal.h, line
1145: In this declaration, "BOOL" appears to be used as if it named a type, but
there is no declared type of that name visible. (typedefnotdef)
extern BOOL _pcre_xclass(int, const uschar *);

Because this machine only has 1G of memory, I am unable to compile gcc from
source but downloaded the GnuPro toolkit from HP but am still getting the same
errors even with configure including the header files for gcc (that were provided).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated -- we need php and the module for apache.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: short circuit evaluation
    ... typedef because it makes more sense to me that it would be a ... Does anyone know why it's a macro? ... making 'bool' a macro allows you do so. ... Because 'bool' was not a reserved word in C90. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Absense of bool
    ... but that's easily achieved by a programmer-defined typedef or even by ... typedef enum bool; ... glad C99 added it. ... (I personally wouldn't provide implicit conversions to ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: About -lm switch used for linking math.h
    ... but that is a typedef to "_Bool" that one gets by ... not a typedef. ... Because it expands to a C language keyword, ... pack of three might as well be macros. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: stdbool.h
    ... do that with a typedef. ... that with a macro. ... You are trying to tell us that the advantage of making bool, ... and true a typedef enum rather than macros is that you can re-use ...
    (comp.lang.c)