ntp- Can you tell who is getting a time stamp from your server?

Tru64 5.1A PK56

Hello managers,

I am decommissioning a Tru64 5.1A DS20E server. All apps
are off and it's pretty quiet.  This server was our
main NTP server at one point. Most other servers should be
pointing to other time servers now, but I'm sure there are
probably some still pointing to this server. Is there any
way to tell who's coming on the host to get a time stamp?
Perhaps tcpdump and look for certain traffic? Or maybe
there's another way to see if your NTP server is active?

Thanks for the help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: help with setting up NTP on windows with a USB GPS
    ... Another reason I think a local server would be ... With the Meinberg NTP server in the path now, ... It sounds as if the best arrangement would be to have one PC as a stratum-1 NTP server, and get your Faros PC syncing to it. ... Poll times in the ntpq -p display are in seconds, ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Clock accuracy
    ... Otherwise the time is simply kept by your BIOS clock and will drift ... Windows comes with a time sync service to get time for a NTP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Linux, Garmin GPX-18X LVM & PPS
    ... I am trying to set up an NTP server using the Garmin GPS-18 as the reference clock. ... So, it looks like its synchronising to the NMEA data coming from the GPS receiver without any problems, but is the PPS working? ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: NTP over several firewalls
    ... server --> internal ntp server. ... So DMZ hosts to DMZ ntp and so on. ... : exception: Routers on the internet will sync to the DMZ NTP server too. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: ISA Server 2004 and External Time Source
    ... In ISA Server 2004 there is an SBS Localhost Access Rule which lists NTP ... Protocol is using port 123 to send and receive. ... I found an NTP Server, and have it's IP address and FQDN name. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)