Re: Other CVS on VMS problems

From: Kaleb Pederson (kpederson_at_mail.ewu.edu)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:47:59 -0800

'-d' should definitely work as it specifies the directory (in this case a
remote module) that should be pulled. The documentation (in the info pages)
on '-p' say the following:

 `-p'
     Pipe the files retrieved from the repository to standard output,
     rather than writing them in the current directory. Available with
     the `checkout' and `update' commands.

If I were to issue the command:

cvs -d :ext:otherhost:/path/to/cvsroot co -p test

Then it would all be displayed on the console instead of being written to
file. What command would you use to hit a remote system?

I tried the following as well, but get the same result:

$ define CVS_RSH "ssh_exe:ssh2.exe"
$ define CVSROOT ":ext:otherhost:/home/cvs"
$ cvs co -p test
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot fdopen 3 for write: bad file number

Bob, what version of CVS are you running? I'm currently running the only
version that I was able to find online?

Anyone have any ideas what file descriptor three has to do with any of this?

Thanks.

Kaleb

<kpederson@mail.ewu.edu> writes:
> > $ cvs -d:ext:otherhost:/home/cvs co test
> > cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot exec: no such file or directory
>
> I'm not sure you can use -d with ssh. I've only tried -p.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: exec problems
    ... > Michael Schlenker wrote: ... This is a typical pipe setup for tcl (rather complex looking due to the ... If you just want to exec a cvs command like cvs update and do not need ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: CVS client for ARM7 machines
    ... the command line tool, if you'd be interested. ... but the other day I used it to get some stuff from the RISC OS ... Open Ltd CVS repository quite easily. ... The "co" is short for checkout and you can write it in full ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: How to use xargs with a shell redirect
    ... command with redirects in it? ... Every time I do a CVS update, I get merge conflicts on these files. ... like a perfect opportunity for the shell (BASH shell, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Passwordless logins, .shosts for Windows CVS clients with Cygwin
    ... depending on the hardware involved, SSH configuration, frequency of CVS ... It really shouldn't be this way -- ideally, you'd make one SSH connection ... NKG> CygWin window or command window and just have it Work. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: RH9 suddenly wont boot?? Root filesystem damaged?? execvp not found??
    ... Were you using cvs to ... where "The file system is broken" usually involves a yes-or-no ... I'll boot back to RH and try that. ... It'll feel good not to get "bad command ...
    (alt.linux)