Re: Other CVS on VMS problems

From: Kaleb Pederson (kpederson_at_mail.ewu.edu)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:47:59 -0800

'-d' should definitely work as it specifies the directory (in this case a
remote module) that should be pulled. The documentation (in the info pages)
on '-p' say the following:

 `-p'
     Pipe the files retrieved from the repository to standard output,
     rather than writing them in the current directory. Available with
     the `checkout' and `update' commands.

If I were to issue the command:

cvs -d :ext:otherhost:/path/to/cvsroot co -p test

Then it would all be displayed on the console instead of being written to
file. What command would you use to hit a remote system?

I tried the following as well, but get the same result:

$ define CVS_RSH "ssh_exe:ssh2.exe"
$ define CVSROOT ":ext:otherhost:/home/cvs"
$ cvs co -p test
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot fdopen 3 for write: bad file number

Bob, what version of CVS are you running? I'm currently running the only
version that I was able to find online?

Anyone have any ideas what file descriptor three has to do with any of this?

Thanks.

Kaleb

<kpederson@mail.ewu.edu> writes:
> > $ cvs -d:ext:otherhost:/home/cvs co test
> > cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot exec: no such file or directory
>
> I'm not sure you can use -d with ssh. I've only tried -p.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: exec problems
    ... > Michael Schlenker wrote: ... This is a typical pipe setup for tcl (rather complex looking due to the ... If you just want to exec a cvs command like cvs update and do not need ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: How to use xargs with a shell redirect
    ... command with redirects in it? ... Every time I do a CVS update, I get merge conflicts on these files. ... like a perfect opportunity for the shell (BASH shell, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Passwordless logins, .shosts for Windows CVS clients with Cygwin
    ... depending on the hardware involved, SSH configuration, frequency of CVS ... It really shouldn't be this way -- ideally, you'd make one SSH connection ... NKG> CygWin window or command window and just have it Work. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: RH9 suddenly wont boot?? Root filesystem damaged?? execvp not found??
    ... Were you using cvs to ... where "The file system is broken" usually involves a yes-or-no ... I'll boot back to RH and try that. ... It'll feel good not to get "bad command ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Setting up a repository
    ... >> That may be required for using Xcode's SCM interface; ... >> always use CVS from the command line. ... > But this is 2005 - why should I have to in order to do SCM for my XCode ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)