Re: Other CVS on VMS problems

From: Kaleb Pederson (kpederson_at_mail.ewu.edu)
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:47:59 -0800

'-d' should definitely work as it specifies the directory (in this case a
remote module) that should be pulled. The documentation (in the info pages)
on '-p' say the following:

 `-p'
     Pipe the files retrieved from the repository to standard output,
     rather than writing them in the current directory. Available with
     the `checkout' and `update' commands.

If I were to issue the command:

cvs -d :ext:otherhost:/path/to/cvsroot co -p test

Then it would all be displayed on the console instead of being written to
file. What command would you use to hit a remote system?

I tried the following as well, but get the same result:

$ define CVS_RSH "ssh_exe:ssh2.exe"
$ define CVSROOT ":ext:otherhost:/home/cvs"
$ cvs co -p test
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot fdopen 3 for write: bad file number

Bob, what version of CVS are you running? I'm currently running the only
version that I was able to find online?

Anyone have any ideas what file descriptor three has to do with any of this?

Thanks.

Kaleb