Re: TAB character in DCL command-line editing
- From: Fred Bach <music@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:33:36 -0700
Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply wrote:
In article <445BB014.3040602@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Bach <music@xxxxxxxxx>
The problem is this: Inserting a TAB anywhere on the DCL
command line prevents inserting characters using Control-A.
DELETE still works, but no characters can be inserted on
my DCL command lines here as long as there is a tab character
Can anyone else reproduce this?
I see your problem, but only if I try to insert something before the TAB.
My problem was that the tab was (almost) the last character
$ Search weeks_of_%%%%.dat "week 1 "
where the last character before the final quote was a tab.
So up-arrowing and trying to change that to "week 11<tab>" didn't
work. In all my years of DCL, back to its infancy, I just do not
recall seeing this before.
.. fred bach music at triumf dot ca
- Prev by Date: Re: TAB character in DCL command-line editing
- Next by Date: Re: XtRemoveTimeOut() with value of 0 accvios under 7.3-2, but not under 7.1-2
- Previous by thread: Re: TAB character in DCL command-line editing
- Next by thread: Re: TAB character in DCL command-line editing