Re: Educating potential VMS users

davidc@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 26-5-2006 5:36...
I just picked up at Boot Camp this week a book titled "The Minimum You
Need to Know to Be an OpenVMS Application Developer", ISBN 0-97798660-7
by Roland Hughes. I haven't read the whole thing (going to sessions
and such), but the index and what I have seen appears to provide a
pretty straight forward and concise course. There are even exersizes
(with answers), so the book could be used as a textbook. Even includes
a CDROM with source code used as part of the samples/exersizes.

Great Book! I bought it a couple of weeks ago from Island Corp. Did you *buy* it yourself at Boot Camp, or did HP finally go out on a limb and bought a few hundred copies to dish out?

/Wilm

  • New OpenVMS Application Programming Publication
    ... Does anyone have any critiques ... "The Minimum You Need to Know to Be an OpenVMS Application Developer" ... Roland Hughes; 795p $90.00 US ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: New OpenVMS Application Programming Publication
    ... "The Minimum You Need to Know to Be an OpenVMS Application Developer" ... Roland Hughes; 795p $90.00 US ... It's the review I would have written, but someone beat me to it. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Agfa Neutol
    ... I have bought the following raw ... > Sodium Hexametaphosphate. ... > My intention is to make my own Kodak D-163 print developer. ... Load 200grams on the platform. ...
    (rec.photo.darkroom)