Re: Digital Blunders....
- From: Flavius Vespasianus <nl@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:55:39 GMT
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
The author mentions 3 concurrent projects going on at the same time:
VAX 9000, Cutler's Prism and Alpha. (and later on mentions N-VAX but
that one didn't seem to draw on massive amounts of funds while
providing equal performance to the 9000).
If I remember correctly, there were TWO 9000 projects that nearly reached
completion: one water cooled and the other air cooled.
- Prev by Date: Re: Getting into VMS
- Next by Date: Re: OT - running IE in Windows (was:Re: Thoughts on the book: DEC is dead, long live DEC)
- Previous by thread: Re: A true pre-emptive multi-tasking operating system
- Next by thread: OpenVMS 7.3-2 to 8.2 Upgrade Warning