Re: zx2000 ?

In article <op.tf4wa8jttte90l@hyrrokkin>, "Tom Linden" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
|> Just powered one up using the console interface to hyperterm,
|> which is set 9600-8-N-1, the keyboard thru hyperterm doesn't
|> seem to respond, but it displayed a Redhat login prompt. Are
|> the settings wrong?

So the central question here is that you didn't see any EFI console
output, but you did see (apparently once the box booted) RedHat?

For testing, can you try a different or a "real" terminal?

And FWIW, PuTTY and VTstar or the Hyperterm product -- the version
that's presently available, rather than the older and more limited one
integrated into Microsoft Windows -- are likely better emulators, if
you need VT100-class access.

Can you enable autobaud on (whatever) the terminal? The default
speed for EFI serial can be far above 9600 baud, FWIW.

Does this particular box have a management processor installed?

  • Re: zx2000 ?
    ... Just powered one up using the console interface to hyperterm, ... the keyboard thru hyperterm doesn't ... but it displayed a Redhat login prompt. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: zx2000 ?
    ... |> Just powered one up using the console interface to hyperterm, ... but it displayed a Redhat login prompt. ... PuTTY and VTstar or the Hyperterm product -- the version ... Hyperterm has only fixed speeds, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • zx2000 ?
    ... Just powered one up using the console interface to hyperterm, ... the keyboard thru hyperterm doesn't ... but it displayed a Redhat login prompt. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: zx2000 ?
    ... Just powered one up using the console interface to hyperterm, ... the keyboard thru hyperterm doesn't ... My guess is that the console path is set to the graphics card. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: zx2000 ?
    ... but it displayed a Redhat login prompt. ... PuTTY and VTstar or the Hyperterm product -- the version ... All I have is Hyperterm that came with W2K, PuTTY presupposes IP. ... Hyperterm has only fixed speeds, ...
    (comp.os.vms)