Re: Cluster setup from scratch
- From: etmsreec@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 3 Oct 2006 08:38:59 -0700
Remember that you'll need to setup one of the disks as a quorum disk,
giving that disk one vote in order for one machine to remain quorate by
itself. You'll also have to initially set expected votes to 1 so that
the cluster will come up quorate with only one node or it won't come up
in the first place.
The docs in the VMS doc set are pretty good in this area, as well as
Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply wrote:
In article <1159887145.625842.28940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Does anyone have any procedures on setting up a VMS cluster from
scratch? I have two new Alphas running VMS 8.2 and will use a
storageworks array for the cluster drives. I have worked with
standalone Alphas, but it has been a few years since I setup a cluster.
@ SYS$MANAGER:CLUSTER_CONFIG.COM or @ SYS$MANAGER:CLUSTER_CONFIG_LAN.COM
depending on your cluster-interconnect medium.
- Prev by Date: PPPOE (ADSL router) on VMS 5.5-2H
- Next by Date: latest INQ story on hp support
- Previous by thread: Re: Cluster setup from scratch
- Next by thread: Re: Cluster setup from scratch