Re: VMSMail question

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:27:30 -0700, VAXman- <@SendSpamHere.ORG> wrote:

In article <op.thc5jfdbzgicya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tom Linden" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I am away and logging 0.n remotely to a node using ssh I get

MAIL> dir
%MAIL-E-NOTEXIST, folder MAIL does not exist

MAIL> sho all
Your mail file directory is DISK$COMMON:[USER.TOM.MAIL].
Your current mail file is DISK$COMMON:[USER.TOM.MAIL]MAIL.MAI.
No folder is currently selected.
The wastebasket folder name is WASTEBASKET.
Mail file DISK$COMMON:[USER.TOM.MAIL]MAIL.MAI
contains 0 deleted message bytes.

You have 0 new messages.

You have not set a forwarding address.
You have not set a personal name.
Your editor is TPU.
CC prompting is disabled.
Automatic copies to yourself are disabled.
Automatic deleted message purge is enabled.
Your default print queue is SYS$PRINT.
You have not specified a default print form.
You have not specified a default signature file.

MAIL> dir/fold
Listing of folders in DISK$COMMON:[USER.TOM.MAIL]MAIL.MAI
Press CTRL/C to cancel listing
WASTEBASKET

so what happened to my folders? How do I recreate MAIL folder. There
appear to lots of messages in that directory.

Tom, I log in to my systems all the time with ssh and have no problems
accessing my VMS mail.

Perhaps, you should see what DISK$COMMON equivalences to when you have
sshed in.

No it is fine. I am in my home directory. Seems to me there was a command
to repair mail, but being away I am scratching my head.

  • VMSMail question
    ... Your current mail file is DISK$COMMON:MAIL.MAI. ... No folder is currently selected. ... Automatic deleted message purge is enabled. ... Press CTRL/C to cancel listing ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: MAPI32.DLL Error message
    ... Mapi is a messaging or mail file. ... If Outlook Express, Search for msoe50.infRight click the Msoe50.inf file, and click ... Insert XP CD when prompted, Browse to the I386 folder, click Open, then OK. ... FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm ...
  • Re: mail transfer trouble
    ... MS-MVP - (IE/OE) ... i have an mail file from an old system stored on my new computer. ... "no messages can be found in this folder or another app. ... please select another folder or try closing apps. ...
  • Re: mail transfer trouble
    ... i have an mail file from an old system stored on my new computer. ... using OE6 on the new one and OE6 on the old one for quite some time but some of the olde mail might have come from an older OE version. ... "no messages can be found in this folder or another app. ... please select another folder or try closing apps. ...
  • Re: How to Transfer Windows Mail folders from old Vista system to new Vista system
    ... but it is easier to use a free backup utility. ... If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, ... Create empty folder. ... Browse and Select Unzipped Mail File -> Finish ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)