Re: VMSMail question

Tom Linden wrote:
Ah, yes, tcpip, but I am running MX as my smtp server, would that matter?

The MAIL command doesn't know/touch TCPIP. If MAIL says it can't fidn
the MAIL folder, it is something very "local" to the mail application
and your mail.mai file.

MAIL> dir
%MAIL-E-NOTEXIST, folder MAIL does not exist

This is normal where there are no messages in the folder.

However, if you try MC DECW$MAIL (on a workstation), it gets you the
decwindows version of MAIL which may show your empty folders.

if you do a DIR/FULL DISK$COMMON:[USER.TOM.MAIL] does it shows a
gazillion mail files ?

if you look only for MAIL.* perhaps there is a MAIL.OLD that does
contain the pointers to all your messges ?
(indicative that a MAIL COMPRESS may have failed, something which used
to happen on older version of VMS because the user did not have the
right to delete the file so the MAIL COMPRESS command would fail midway
in the convert command.

  • RE: Locating corrupt driver
    ... This article describes the functionality and limitations of the Windows ... Create and format partitions on drives. ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)
  • Re: Dim RetVal
    ... Looking in the folder there is a coed11.dat DAT file, the coed11 application, coed11.gdb GDB file ... The reason is that without the quotes, the command processor sees the ... In the command window, first type ... This *should* have exactly the same effect as the macro. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Re: Batch Job
    ... You cannot use the 'del' command at a DOS prompt. ... files (since 'del' might not work into the special folder). ... while the above will delete the deleted files from the Recycle Bin but it also deletes configuration files used by the Recycle Bin. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Help with cacls in WinXP Home
    ... Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP ... all the information I have of CACLS: ... Just because you can set permissions with Cacls doesn't mean you should. ... Try the Cacls command on a test folder first and make sure that your ...
  • Re: home network problem
    ... I opened the command prompt and typed ... browstat status>c:\browstat.txt and it said "browstat is not recognized as ... You're half way there, Phil. ... that you want to put the software into the folder added to the path. ...