Re: Time change questions !
- From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:12:27 -0500
Stephen Hoffman wrote:
There are applications around which do not react appropriately when
the time changes -
However, when you consider that competing modern OS have automated,
sudden time changes, new applications, often written for such OS and
later ported to VMS, would have been written to handle such a sudden
If you have an old application being installed onto a fresh/new VMS
instance, then perhspas the onus should be on the system manager to
disable to automated time change. Wouldn't the vast majnority of apps
now survive a sudden time change ?
If you do financial transactions and you really do not want to have
transactions "back dated", then you need to a a lot to handle those time
changes and would have to be very aware of everything and disable the
SYSGEN AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV parameter (and possibly use some app that tweaks
the clock rate to slowly drift it to lose/gain an hour).
- Prev by Date: Re: Fired Twice (a little tail)
- Next by Date: Motif & CDE open sourcing petition
- Previous by thread: Re: Time change questions !
- Next by thread: Re: Time change questions !