Re: GNU MAKE... that builds
- From: "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:14:03 -0500
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
Does anyone have GNU MAKE that builds? I've tried the one on the most recent
freeware (V8) and it's a mess.
Here is the GNU MAKE from the current GNV, with quick hacks to make it compile and link on OpenVMS 8.2 using the HP C 7.x compilers.
It is still a mess. I did not do any testing on it other than to see if it would print the version banner.
If I were to do anything with gnu make, I would probably first port the current bash to VMS, and then port the current gnu make, and set up both of them to use the virtual memory pipes that I put in gnv bash.
Both GNV bash and make leave files in the SYS$LOGIN: directory sometimes. The files are from some simulating pipes using temporary files which are not cleaned up. The files are name SH?????.;* and MAKE????.:*
Personal Opinion Only
Looking for work:
- Prev by Date: Re: Performance comparison Alpha ES40 vs Itanium rx3600
- Next by Date: Re: writing fixed size records with one shorter record
- Previous by thread: DECTERM: remotely creating an instance
- Next by thread: Re: GNU MAKE... that builds