The Hole in Cerner's Logic
- From: David J Dachtera <djesys.no@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:30:53 -0600
Comments in a another thread turned a light on in my head. I can't make it go
back off, so maybe I have found a(nother) logic error in my own software, maybe
O.k. So, Cerner is dropping VMS in favor of HP-UX because of the whole Oracle
thing. Fair enough. No one's got the balls to turn up the heat under Oracle, so
that's going nowhere.
....but: that does *NOT* solve the I64 SuperDome performance and scalability
I64 SuperDomes still perform abysmally compared to, say, Power-5.
So, in essence, this really is no justification. VMS and HP-UX have the same
limitation from that perspective, rendering Oracle a moot issue.
....or am I getting into the advanced stages of cerebral melt-down?
David J Dachtera
dba DJE Systems
Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page:
Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:
- Prev by Date: mysql client
- Next by Date: Re: Who called me?
- Previous by thread: mysql client
- Next by thread: Re: The Hole in Cerner's Logic