Re: TZ89-VW on Alpha
- From: Chris Townley <cctownley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 04:53:59 -0800 (PST)
On 24 Dec, 03:19, Hein RMS van den Heuvel <heinvandenheu...@xxxxxxxxx>
On Dec 23, 9:13 pm, s...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Steven M. Schweda) wrote:
From: Chris Townley <cctown...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have gained a coupe of these units, and want to get one onto my
hobbyist Alpha running VMS, but I cannot find any manuals online, I
especially need to know how to set the unit number - there is a DIP
switch on the back
Can anybody point me at a manual, or any suggestion as to the use of
the 8 switches?
Isn't that a 'brick' which takes the scsi ID based on the slot in the
BA356 tower used to slide it into?
The dip switches may provide an overide.
Ah... google foudn something:http://intelligent-peripheral.com/manuals/ek-tz89n-ug-a01.pdf
Page 4-2 and 4-3 show dip switched.
1,2,3&4 off + 5,6,7&8 on ==> auto.
1,2,3,4 x + 5,6,7,&8 off ==> binary scsi id in 1,2,3,4
Thanks - that would explain why it is currently set 1-4 off, 5-8 on.
Was more concerned it was set to a specific value that would conflict
with other drives.
Will also save the manual
- Prev by Date: Hobbyist Public Access OpenVMS VAX V7.3 System ONLINE
- Next by Date: Re: Volume label.
- Previous by thread: Re: TZ89-VW on Alpha
- Next by thread: Hobbyist Public Access OpenVMS VAX V7.3 System ONLINE