Re: Show of support for Distributed NetBeans

Hi,

I'm not trying to stir up a NetBeans vs Eclipse discussion here, but I have
just read this: -
http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=08/07/04/0015580
and was wondering if anyone had tried it or had any opinions about how the
two IDEs compare and contrast on VMS. I guess one's free and the other
costs, and one runs on VMS and the other is "distributed"? Personally, I'm
happy with TPU and would prefer more substantial infrastructure software on
VMS (such as that XHR$ library) but I am interested in what other's have
tried or are looking for in an IDE on VMS.

NetBeans would seem to be a better fit for GlassFish (when the IMM team come
out of the closet with it) but, apparently, "Customers can increase
productivity with HP OpenVMS and eCube's NXTware Eclipse," says Ann McQuaid.
Can't say fairer than that eh?

Of course, given the current levels of VMS application "development" going
on outside of Ann-world one wonders why we need a new DE at all, let alone
an Integrated one :-(

Regards Richard Maher

"Marty Kuhrt" <marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message