Re: mounting USB Sandisk

"Malcolm Dunnett" <nothome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hGYEk.11143$YN5.9036@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
forrret.kenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've also noticed that the system seems to stall for about 10 minutes
early in the EFI boot sequence when the USB disks are attached (the
system is a zx6000 with EFI 1.10). Yes, I know none of this is
supported.

Define early before you can invoke VMS_LOADER or after. If before I
know what that is and it won't be fixed for zx6000, zx2000, or 2600.

Before VMS_LOADER. It's right after the EFI banner shows up (before the
SCSI disks get discovered).

That is the system firmware trying to figure out the disks it has a
bunch of
problems that have been fixed in later systems.

Forrest

  • Re: How best to set up a separate /home partition, and pros/cons
    ... number of primary partitions. ... EFI also allows the newer GUID Partition Table partitioning ... Hackintosh - or using Mac disks - opens up the possibility of Apple ... GPT or something else; the only link is that only an EFI PC can ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: fdisk chs numbers
    ... EFI disks. ... dummy MBR, but Apple use it as a real MBR for Boot Camp. ... I discovered that as soon as there is 1 active partition ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: fdisk chs numbers
    ... The hidden EFI partition, ... are formatted quite differently from "normal" disks and it is possibly and likely that cylinders/heads/sectors simply aren't used at all on EFI disks. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: [opensuse] Iomega Rev drive
    ... it as a backup device. ... now use basic USB disks like LaCie or Maxtor. ... But that's on Windows. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: MDADM RAID1 of external USB 3.0 Drives
    ... I don't buy disks anymore that aren't rated for 24/7 operation ... but you want to waste your time with USB disks and their unreliability? ... more HDD slots and the same computing power for a lower price but I was ...
    (Debian-User)