Re: MUTEX

Jan-Erik,

here is a pointer to PWAIT$SDA from openvms.org:

http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=04/10/17/9996078

If SDA> READ SYSDEF also hangs, you have more than one problem ! This
command just reads a file from your system disk.

Note that you would most likely have to reboot anyway, even if you are
able to find out, which MUTEX your process is waiting for. If so,
consider to take a forced crash, this would at least allow you to
continue the hang analysis in your spare time ;-)

Volker.

  • Re: MUTEX
    ... If SDA> READ SYSDEF also hangs, you have more than one problem! ... command just reads a file from your system disk. ... continue the hang analysis in your spare time;-) ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Tk application hangs
    ... explicitly reached eof and it hangs? ... |>after running just one command. ... |>"List Packages" is supposed to list all available DarwinPorts packages ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Bonnie++ with 1024k stripe SW/RAID5 causes kernel to goto D-state
    ... It hangs unless I increase various parameters md/raid such as the stripe_cache_size etc.. ... USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND ... I use a RAID 5 with 1024k stripe which works fine with many optimizations, but if I just boot the system and run bonnie++ on it without applying the optimizations, it will hang in d-state. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: RH Cluster Suite installation
    ... On the first node everything seems to work in the right way: cman, ... Having a look on cman's init script, ... I also notices that it hangs also with the command "group_tool". ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 3.2 Hangs on Save As (on 11.2)
    ... hangs on "Save As" command. ... OOo hangs, but after a couple minutes or two the file dialog gets ... i also found that if i delay saving the new document for a few minutes, ... bug reporting system and not planning to get into it at this time. ...
    (SuSE)