Re: Need some special help changing the system password

Carlos Murillo wrote:

That's an understatement ;-) . 0.9 VUPs. [...]

How much memory? (If you think it's slow now, try
running Motif instead of the simple DECwindows. Or go back to
using an MFM disk.)

Maybe I should try to find an actual mono monitor. I do have the
weird video-kbd-mouse cable, and a keyboard and a hockeypuck mouse.

Try connecting the monochrome video output to the Green
input on whatever display have. If your display can find the
sync, then connect its Red and Blue to the same place.

The exotic, collector's-edition mouse has two knobs instead
of a ball. Now, that's a prize.

SMS.

  • Re: DECWindow on OVMS 8.3
    ... I can tunnel graphic apps with ssh or telnet and even start a remote session... ... The symbol definition exists only within the context of the system startup process that configures DECwindows. ... It's not clear if you're trying to run an X11 application to display on the AS800 screen, or if you're trying to run an X11 application on the AS800 and have it display on a remote screen. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Customising Decwindows login
    ... standalone Alpha running OPenVMS 7.2-1 and Decwindows... ... I need to display a privacy warning message on the initial screen ... where the 'start session' window and D I G I T A L logo appear. ... My initial thinking was that there must be a way, by setting logicals ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: how to know if decwindows is up and running ?
    ... I have a machine which runs a motif application in a detached process. ... has its display on a remote xserver. ... run if decwindows is not up and running when it starts. ... to *.Com and put your application startup in there. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: how to know if decwindows is up and running ?
    ... has its display on a remote xserver. ... run if decwindows is not up and running when it starts. ... decwindows startup, then use the SYNC option as follows: ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Need some special help changing the system password
    ... running Motif instead of the simple DECwindows. ... Running VMS 5.5. ... input on whatever display have. ... sync, then connect its Red and Blue to the same place. ...
    (comp.os.vms)