Re: Eisner outage

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:002a9819$0$3715$c3e8da3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The nature of a volunteer system must be understood and accepted. When a
volunteer offers to run a system for the organisation, it must be
understood that said voluteer may be run over by a truck, SUV, airplane,
tank, or hit by a falling piano while walking on a sidewalk at any time.

I'm rather certain, in that event, that we could have gone to Fitchburg,
participated in the eulogy, picked up the system, and re-established it
elsewhere.

  • Re: Meat Prices Going Up
    ... Good reasons would be about the same as those for the big station wagons ... I don't have an SUV. ... car vs. 11.5 MPG truck would save negligible amounts of gas. ... I don't turn over vehicles every two years like some ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Spins
    ... his checks and then changed to the fullest tank. ... engine quit at 300' or so, he tried to turn back to the runway. ... but the airplane was written off. ... momentary lapse? ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: OT - Greek 737 plane crash
    ... |> airplane, but plumbed oxygen ... |> all the generators, ... | hurtling kerosene tank. ... that doesn't happen in aircraft accidents, but if you poke around on the web ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: 1973 chevy pickup v8/350 Rochester quad carb
    ... I bought this truck for my 13 year old to learn about engines. ... put in an inline fuel filter ... Right now I only have 1/8th of tank while I'm playing with it. ... You are correct in that the fuel pump is on the engine. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Meat Prices Going Up
    ... Good reasons would be about the same as those for the big station wagons ... going camping or having children or whatever. ... occasionally rent a trailer or even a small truck and we had more things ... van or SUV for work or a family of 5 or more ...
    (rec.food.cooking)