Re: OT: IBM to buy Sun

On Mar 22, 8:19 pm, Arne Vajhøj <a...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For a server type guy it should be Redhat or SUSE.

They prioritize stability and their current free editions
show what the commercial editions will have in the future.

Redhat is about to be out of business now that they are in a "who can
spend the most money" game against Oracle. The outcome is pre-
determined.

Linux on the back end is failing. I'm seeing a lot of contract work
to port back end systems off linux.

  • Re: OT: IBM to buy Sun
    ... show what the commercial editions will have in the future. ... Redhat is about to be out of business now that they are in a "who can ... Linux on the back end is failing. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... asked to work with an MV system over any distro except RedHat. ... And the only Linux distro mentioned on the QM download page is RedHat: ... hardware to test my clients' MondoRescue DVD's. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?
    ... When I purchased Redhat 7.3 they sent me an email 2 weeks after I ... installer screen was offset on all of them. ... expect more from a "commercial" Linux distribution. ... I hope one day a Linux distro is actually that, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New laptop/Linux
    ... confused with all the Linux versions to choose from. ... "Community" version of RedHat. ... It is very stable and you pay to get license and support. ... the source of their distro, and this is used by others to build distros ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)