Re: OT: HP P*sses off China

On Apr 21, 11:08 am, koeh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Bob
Koehler) wrote:
In article <f1edb198-a5f2-4f1b-9ebb-615cdd686...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alan Feldman <alanfeldma...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

As for a trip to Mars: Don't we already know that there's bone loss
for people spending a significant amount of time in zero-G? Going to
Mars would require simulated gravity as was done in 2001: a space
odyssey with a spinning room.

   That's not the only solution, and Hollywood ignored a great many
   problems that it causes.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please provide some details? I'm
not challenging you; I'm simply curious. I have since realized that
making a large spinning room would add quite a lot to payload! Please
tell us some of the other problems. Again: I'm not saying you're
wrong; I'm just interested the problems.

If you'd rather not post, send me email if you don't mind

.. . . = n48

Thanks.

AEF

  • Re: Magdalenian adventure (beginning of year nine)
    ... I like to add a message on Homer's Odyssey, ... Helen and her extended family -- tin, copper, bronze, ...   SAP BIR   apiru Hebrew ... The joints of thy thighs are like jewels, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Magdalenian adventure (beginning of year nine)
    ... I like to add a message on Homer's Odyssey, ...   BIR SAP   Beersheba ... watery ground of a valley SAL mother AMA ... If the radius of a circle measures 1 black cubit, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: OT: HP P*sses off China
    ... making a large spinning room would add quite a lot to payload! ...    inhabitted rotating and non-rotating sections. ... Couldn't you make the entire round part internal to the craft? ... I have since realized the payload problem. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Added A Few More Before/After Pics
    ...  I was playing around and added a few more before/after pics of the ... work I've been doing on my Space Odyssey.. ...   I still have a ways to go on the PF and it needs New legs..but, ... Lmk when it arrives... ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Added A Few More Before/After Pics
    ...  I was playing around and added a few more before/after pics of the ... work I've been doing on my Space Odyssey.. ...   I still have a ways to go on the PF and it needs New legs..but, ... cleaned and painted look outstanding. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)