Re: : Re: mem-f-nomem error

In article <4b1e0ed4-db7a-4ba8-88c1-acc95589d334@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Neil Rieck <n.rieck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

IIRC, the PFRATL is set to zero whenever AUTOGEN sees at least 500 MB
of memory. So if you are running OpenVMS on an older Alpha or VAX, you
"might" need to turn this back on. (probably not if you are the only
user on a hobbyist system but I can tell you that MY EMPLOYER still
has some production software running on an AS-2100 with only 128 MB;
we are planning to upgrade one of them to an AS-4100; billion dollar
company still pinching pennies)

128MB? I know a site with an 11/785 that I think has about 12MB.
IIRC, they have FPRATL set to 0.

  • Re: : Re: mem-f-nomem error
    ... of memory. ... So if you are running OpenVMS on an older Alpha or VAX, ... The swpoutpgcount way takes memory from inactive processes. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Best place to drill holes for cables?
    ... the show after getting to that stage were 1 in 7, iirc. ... to the driver side rear seat, where he sat (Just two in the car), so I ... I do have two big stories where my memory might have been wrong. ... from the ceiling down the outside wall are still outside the wall where ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Memory usage SM
    ... With a P1 mobo memory may be a problem to use the ... IIRC eCS 1.2 also won't work with a P1, ... When I built a debug build it crashed really quick as the compiler was buggy and didn't align the SSEinstructions. ... efficient 80486 CPU instructions. ...
    (comp.os.os2.apps)
  • Re: Memory usage SM
    ... With a P1 mobo memory may be a problem to use the ... IIRC eCS 1.2 also won't work with a P1, ... means that some 80386 CPU instructions are replaced by more ... quite a few people using SM with old P3 hardware, like IBM ThinkPad ...
    (comp.os.os2.apps)
  • Re: Opinion: I was just trying to sell OpenVMS
    ... carried a pricetag of $5k, the second one a pricetag ... of an ordinary x86 box is no good argument to buy an expensive alpha PC ... They spent a lot of marketing $, ... on their PCs (by default, Windoze was just a 2nd option, IIRC). ...
    (comp.os.vms)