VMS Farewell message?

We have an old VMS Server that is being retired. It's a DS20 running
OpenVMS 7.2-2. Just as any other VMS server, when it shuts down, the
last message before going to the boot prompt is "SYSTEM SHUTDOWN
COMPLETE".

For the final shutdown we are having a farewell celebration and I
would like to change the final message to something more appropriate.
Is there any way to change this "SYSTEM SHUTDOWN COMPLETE" message or
add a message immediately before or after it?

  • Re: VMS Farewell message?
    ... OpenVMS 7.2-2. ... Just as any other VMS server, when it shuts down, the ... last message before going to the boot prompt is "SYSTEM SHUTDOWN ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: VMS Farewell message?
    ... Just as any other VMS server, when it shuts down, the ... last message before going to the boot prompt is "SYSTEM SHUTDOWN ... That string is hardcoded inside of EXCEPTION.EXE. ...
    (comp.os.vms)