news:oFmnp.6938$qz1.2143@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Simon Clubley" <clubley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:inks85$lse$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2011-04-07, Syltrem <syltremzulu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Simon Clubley" <clubley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:inkpoh$4rn$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's the current state of C-Kermit for VMS ?

This is a obvious candidate for a Kermit script.

I have not used Kermit in years and currently only have it for VAX. Will
get
it for Alpha and IA64 and give that a try.
BTW, development for Kermit will end July 2011, for all platforms. (c.f.
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/)

That is most annoying; I didn't know about this.

Amongst other things, I've found Kermit makes a excellent tool for things
like scripting boot and image load sequences on some SBCs.

At least the current source should continue to work ok for a number of
years.

Still, it's probably time to see what other open source comms programs
have
a decent scripting language built in these days. The last time I looked
several years ago there was just Kermit.

Thanks for the hint.

You are welcome.

Only thing is, so far I could not find a binary for Alpha or IA64.
The link for the binaries table
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80binaries.html on the kermit web page
http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80.html goes to a blank page...

Still looking. for it.
I may have to build it myself but didn't want to spend too much time over
it.

Syltrem

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I finally got it from http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckdaily.html and
building it was a breeze, and it includes Multinet support (which I need).

Now I just have to find out how to use it for my purpose.

C-Kermit 9.0.299 Alpha.09, 21 Sep 2010, for OpenVMS Alpha
Copyright (C) 1985, 2010,
Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
Type ? or HELP for help.

Syltrem

  • Re: Screen Capture
    ... :> to screen positions and coordinates. ... As I said I think kermit can deal with this. ... Session logging has nothing to do with scripting. ... have a serial port or modem and you're getting garbage, ...
    (comp.protocols.kermit.misc)
  • Re: Minicom binary for OS 5.0.5?
    ... >proprietary scripting language that you need the developer's kit for, ... >Newer users are on Redhat Linux and I set them up with Minicom. ... I've setup kermit scripted EMC uploads for Medicare, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Sending out commands to TTA0 ?
    ... I have not used Kermit in years and currently only have it for VAX. ... like scripting boot and image load sequences on some SBCs. ... it's probably time to see what other open source comms programs ... so far I could not find a binary for Alpha or IA64. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: Dialup Testing scripting?
    ... Check out the Kermit project. ... Subject: Dialup Testing scripting? ... Dial #, using 8n1, set vt100, connect to modem, read data, save it to log ... file, then quit. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Sending out commands to TTA0 ?
    ... What's the current state of C-Kermit for VMS? ... I have not used Kermit in years and currently only have it for VAX. ... like scripting boot and image load sequences on some SBCs. ... it's probably time to see what other open source comms programs have ...
    (comp.os.vms)