Re: HP Support Center June Release (ITRC Retirement)

On 4/28/2011 5:24 AM, IanMiller wrote:
On Apr 27, 2:02 pm, Steven Schweda<sms.antin...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 27, 4:06 am, IanMiller<g...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You can look at the forums now at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

Is my brain defective, or are these Communities divided by
hardware:

Community Home> Business Support Forums> Servers> Alpha Servers
Community Home> Business Support Forums> Servers> Itanium Based

instead of by operating system? Perhaps the educational value
of slogging through the Windows-related postings will outweigh
the lost time, but I doubt it.

Is there any evidence that anyone at HP asked the victims
_before_ launching this apparent disaster?

I asked about the layout of the new forums

"Ian - we're still finalizing the "new" layout of the categories and
boards for the community moving forward. The current plan calls for a
top-level "Operating System" category where we'll have, among other
things, an Open VMS category with all of the existing ITRC Open VMS
boards located below it.

So a slightly different way to drill down to the category, but once
you're there the same boards that exist today (system management,
general, networking, etc.) will be right there."

There are also plans for other changes to the site this year.

I discovered years ago that the only way to find anything on H-P's web sites was to Google for it and add the string "site:hp.com" to the query! Without Google, you could die of old age while searching for anything on H-P's web sites.

  • Kook out Bill! Googles a cumming!
    ... Google to introduce PC operating system ... Based on Chrome browser, ... SAN FRANCISCO - In a direct challenge to Microsoft, Google is expected ... Google could well be hoping to capitalize on the rise of netbooks, ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Brawo Google...
    ... Google to unveil operating system to rival Microsoft ... zadanie dac mozliwosc uzytkownikom Linuxa uzywac programy Win. ...
    (soc.culture.polish)
  • Re: Brawo Google...
    ... Google to unveil operating system to rival Microsoft ... zadanie dac mozliwosc uzytkownikom Linuxa uzywac programy Win. ...
    (soc.culture.polish)
  • Re: "systems software" vs "system software"
    ... "The accounting program is systems software." ... Systems software refers to the Operating System and all utility ... one with the more-consistent google hits? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Brawo Google...
    ... TEL AVIV -- Google Inc. is taking its competitive efforts directly to the core of Microsoft Corp. by introducing a competing computer-operating system for PCs. ... In a post on its official blog, Google said the new operating system was a "natural extension" of its Google Chrome Web browser. ... To co powinno sie zrobic - ustandaryzowac API - niech format uzywania API bedzie standartowy, zas niech MS, Apple czy Google napisza te API - to bedzie ta "black box". ...
    (soc.culture.polish)