Re: HP stopping VMS paper documentation ?

JF Mezei wrote 2011-11-23 18:58:
Simon Clubley wrote:

This is on part number QA-001AA-GZ "OVMS Full Documentation".

Is there a separate line item for the documentation CDs ?

The question becomes whethyer paper documentation remains available for
purchase (say you have a new customer) or whether it will be digital only.

BTW: Personally, while I use online resources for reference material,
I still prefer to use paper for tutorial/conceptual type reading when a
paper option is available. Am I alone in this ?

Paper is often better unless you have 5 displays on your desktop :-(
paper is also necessary when you do work at the SRM level or very low
level (such as SYSBOOT) where your system has not booted sufficiently
for you to access on-line documentation.

Bull...

Everyone professionall enough reads the PDFs on a laptop or
similar, not on the target system you are supporting, of course.

  • Re: Comments in SQL?
    ... however we are talking about database definition files here. ... again, in this context, all that should be done in documentation. ... handled in code to update the target system. ... the purpose of setup files is to ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: HP stopping VMS paper documentation ?
    ... Is there a separate line item for the documentation CDs? ... The question becomes whethyer paper documentation remains available for ... purchase or whether it will be digital only. ... paper is also necessary when you do work at the SRM level or very low ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: HP stopping VMS paper documentation ?
    ... Is there a separate line item for the documentation CDs? ... purchase (say you have a new customer) or whether it will be digital ... paper is also necessary when you do work at the SRM level or very low ... on the target system you are supporting, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Open Firmware is now free
    ... Bernd Paysan wrote: ... for the target system or is it in Forth and assembly and must be ported ... I have not found any documentation yet, ... even begin to use an open source tool like this, ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: HP stopping VMS paper documentation ?
    ... JF Mezei wrote 2011-11-23 20:12: ... similar, not on the target system you are supporting, of course. ... documentation on your laptop before shutting down the server which hosts ...
    (comp.os.vms)