Re: Running OpenVMS native on x86 . . .

In article <R4CdnbG1qNAnQ33TnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John Reagan" <johnrreagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

"Bob Koehler" <koehler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:oBoFU6UNeH6E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <DqSdnemgG-cx8UPTnZ2dnUVZ_u-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John Reagan"
<johnrreagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Neither are from HP & OpenVMS Engineering.

I believe Emerald was within DEC.

Emerald was just a code name for some OpenVMS release (I forget which number
it became).

That may be true, but the Emerald project that I'm eferencing was a bit
of VMS on top of the Mach micro-kernel, on an 80386. It got as far
as first boot (login and do a COPY command).

  • Re: Running OpenVMS native on x86 . . .
    ... Neither are from HP & OpenVMS Engineering. ... I believe Emerald was within DEC. ... edit and diff as seen here: ... Fog differs from other clouds only in that fog touches the surface of ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: [opensuse] Compiz-Fusion
    ... I am unable to load emerald themes with compiz-fusion ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... Aledr - Alexandre ... I entered that command to windows decorator and it did not work. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Compiz-Fusion
    ... I am unable to load emerald themes with compiz-fusion on system ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I entered that command to windows decorator and it did not work. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Compiz GLXFBConfig 2 the solution
    ... Hans defaber wrote: ... emerald theme manager: ... LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz \ ... Also Ted Markowitz found where in FusionIcon/data.py you can specify the command line option for fusion icon. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Window Decorator, Compiz-Fusion and NVIDIA Driver
    ... from the command line to use emerald as my window decorator but this ... setting is missed the next time I restart the computer, ...
    (SuSE)