Re: What is VMS?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:40:11 -0800, seasoned_geek wrote:

Nobody with the tiniest shred of ethics would even consider doing
business with Amazon.com, and now you have a shining example as to why.

Crap. Why? It's an open, free market...isn't that the American dream?

It's a third party seller using the Amazon shop. If it was in print,
Amazon would sell it at list price or below. No one is forced to pay that
price.

It would be interesting to see what happens if someone actually was dim
witted enough to order from Amazon.com since I would never fill such an
order.

Why would you? Someone is selling their used copy.

with ask.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-minimum-you-need-to-know-to-be-an-
openvms-application-developer-roland-hughes/1007784093

with google
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-minimum-you-need-to-know-to-be-an-
openvms-application-developer-roland-hughes/1007784093
and it actually shows the $90 price in the little snippet

So, they have old stock; presumably Amazon sold all theirs and you got
the royalties.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

  • Re: Amazon third party sellers
    ... They keep referring me to the third party seller who is as much use as a ... so does that mean my contract is with them or ... Amazon allows third party sellers to list and sell their products at ... neither the buyer nor the seller of the seller's items. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: 5 of Amazonšs top 10 best-selling computers are new Apple MacBooks
    ... monitor, and, in what can only be seen as bad news for ... they aren't all the new Apple Macbooks. ... Since Amazon is noted for selling both new and used goods, ... "List Price: $449.95 ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Peepee, this obsession has GOT to stop!
    ... it would be cheaper ... to buy it on Amazon or lots of other places. ... probably going to pay manufacturer's list price. ... Their sale papers come out every Sunday and frequently have very good ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Peepee, this obsession has GOT to stop!
    ... it would be cheaper ... to buy it on Amazon or lots of other places. ... probably going to pay manufacturer's list price. ... Their sale papers come out every Sunday and frequently have very good ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: "The Best of FoxTrot" now dirt cheap
    ... List Price: $39.99 ... "This is a bargain book and quantities are limited. ... Sucks I won't be able to buy this, as I'm boycotting Amazon. ... but they're making it an issue with California. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)