Re: %SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO after fresh VMS installation

On Feb 7, 2:46 pm, MG <marcog...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7-2-2012 20:29, John Wallace wrote:

But we have already eliminated all the *likely* causes, have we not?

I guess so...

I still would like to see the memory tested with a proper memory
diagnostic. It is easy to do if you have an x86 box that will take the
memory in question, and it is FAR more definitive than "I put the
suspect memory in a different system with a different config and the
symptoms did not follow the memory".

Well, I don't have an x86 box that will accept the memory.  But, that
won't be necessary (see below).

Or am I missing something? E.g. if you put some "known good" memory
in the questionable DS10, does the problem still appear, in which case
the memory is no longer a potential suspect, the problem likely lies
elsewhere? If you have already told us this, my apologies, but I
already know my memory has multiple faults :)

That's correct, I did (several times).

  - MG

All other things being constant, I'm leaning toward a bad power
supply. Not bad enough to completely fail, but marginal enough to
create odd behavior. These are relatively simple to change. If you
can, try that first. Just change the supply with the one from the
"good" system and see what happens. If that does not resolve it, I
would suspect a bad motherboard. I do have a spare working
motherboard (less the fan) that I could part with, but I'm in the US
and the shipping wouldn't be cheap.

Dan
.