Mail attachment using MIME

Hello All
I want to send an an attachment via mail from VMS. For testing, I am trying to send a text file. But it appears in the mail body.
Please let me know if VMS MAIL and MIME are all I need to send attachments via mail.

VMS 7.3-2. (I am trying this from the DEATHROW VMS cluster - GEIN).

These are the steps I am following:
RUN SYS$SYSTEM:MIME.EXE
MIME> NEW StG.MIME
*CHANGE
I DO NOT enter some text here that should be displayed in the text body, if entered.
CTRL+Z
*EXIT
MIME> ADD LOGIN.COM /ENCODING=7bit
MIME> SAVE
MIME> EXIT
$ !back to DCL
$ MAIL/SUBJECT="Mime from VMS" StG.MIME "xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx"

When I open my mail, I see:

--OpenVMS/MIME.538968436.1338898131

--OpenVMS/MIME.538968436.1338898131

$! LOGIN procedure for DECUServe users.
..
..
..

Thanks
StG

  • Re: Mail attachment using MIME
    ... Please let me know if VMS MAIL and MIME are all I need to send attachments via mail. ... I have also use the builtin SMTP/MIME tools in the Python ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Mail attachment using MIME
    ... Jan-Erik. ... are VMS MAIL and MIME all I need as a MINIMUM to send mails with attachments? ... I tried Neil Reick's examples the example from MIME overview. ... You can also send mime attachments with my mail symbiont. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Using SYS$INPUT for input into an FTP command.
    ... For MVS -> VMS we simply run an REXEC in the JCL (after ... MIME attechment back to the requester. ... All MIME handling is done using MPACK/MUNPACK. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: JPEG files on VMS
    ... serve the files with OSU ... use $ MC MIME to mail the file to an "industry-standard" mail ... view it with XV or Netscape, ... Other folks here must be working with JPEGs on VMS. ...
    (comp.os.vms)