Brett Cameron: 'Erlang on OpenVMS and in the HP Cloud'
- From: MG <marcogbNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:32:53 +0200
This was uploaded three days ago (19-JUN-2012) on YouTube:
«Erlang on OpenVMS and in the HP Cloud -- an overview of what
HP is wittingly and perhaps unwittingly doing with Erlang:
Erlang Factory SF Bay Area 2012
"The speaker has made something of a hobby in recent years of
porting Open Source software to HP's heritage OpenVMS operating
system. One of the most challenging and interesting porting
exercises was porting Erlang/OTP. In this talk, the speaker
will discuss the motivations behind this work, some of the
challenges faced, progress to date, and future plans. In
addition, the speaker has recently joined HP's corporate Cloud
Services team, and in this capacity he will provide an overview
of where and how Erlang is currently being used within the HP
Cloud, and will outline potential future opportunities to
further leverage Erlang technology in this space."»
Most of all, I'm glad that they're supporting VMS.
- Prev by Date: Re: VMS on Multia/UDB (continued)
- Next by Date: Re: Brett Cameron: 'Erlang on OpenVMS and in the HP Cloud'
- Previous by thread: Free Hardware, Puyallup, WA, USA
- Next by thread: Re: Brett Cameron: 'Erlang on OpenVMS and in the HP Cloud'