Poulson 6 times more powerful than Tukwilla?
- From: Dirk Munk <munk@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 20:48:28 +0200
The German magazine CT has a small article about the new Itanium Poulson. The Poulson-8 has 8 cores compared to the 4 cores of the Tukwilla. The fastest Tukwilla-9350 has a speed of 1.73 GHz, and the Poulson-9560 has a speed of 2.53 GHz. These two improvements combined will give a speed increase of a factor 3. Furthermore the Poulson has 4 instruction pipelines compared with the 2 instruction pipelines of the Tukwilla. That again would increase the speed with a factor 2, bringing the total speed increase to a factor 6.
If this is true, we will witness a miracle. *A fast Itanium!!*
- Prev by Date: Re: DECnet phase III & DECnet OSI SET HOST problem
- Next by Date: Re: DECnet phase III & DECnet OSI SET HOST problem
- Previous by thread: DECnet phase III & DECnet OSI SET HOST problem
- Next by thread: Re: Poulson 6 times more powerful than Tukwilla?