Boot issue , openvms 8.4
- From: "Mazzini Alessandro" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:00:42 +0200
I've a boot issue (8.4 alpha) that's causing a lock, originated by decnet I
%NET$STARTUP-I-EXECUTESCRIPT, executing NCL script
The boot goes smoothly until this point, then no more activity.
Decnet-plus was configured 2 days previously, including decdns, and there
were no issues after some reboots, until today. I've been able to boot from
console with a Use Default , but net$configure is unable to make changes
(due to the low parameters caused by the default).
The only thing that net$configure has been able to do is to disable decdns
server, but that has not changed the boot problem.
Autogen doesn't obviously help (with autogen executed to allow to run
decwindows, since default values do not allow that, the boot issue happens).
I could simply reinstall since there are no real data on it, but if possible
i would like to try to fix it ( good way to learn something, too ). Any help
- Prev by Date: Re: Alsys AdaProbe running on VMS/VAX 6.2 and HP 64700 Emulator
- Next by Date: Re: Boot issue , openvms 8.4
- Previous by thread: Removing the name part of a file name
- Next by thread: Re: Boot issue , openvms 8.4