Re: DSSI to BA353 possible?

MdntTrain <js@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:55b47337-9a21-42f0-8317-
31a6854e3225@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi,

Back around March 16, 2008, I posted re using DSSI with a BA23
configuration (KA650, MS650 16mb ram, VCB02, KFQSA). Fellow posters
Uusimäki, tomarsin2015, and ChrisKalisiak followed up with helpful
comments.

I believe I've finally worked out how to do this, and will post on
it later when successful.

Related to Uusimäki's suggestion to use SCSI drives and an HSD05
SCSI/DSSI bridge, I have a question. If I only want 1 or 2 drives,
is it possible to use a BA353 enclosure with this configuration?

slot 1: HSD05
slot 2: RZ28M-VA
slot 3: RZ28N-VA

I know the BA350 can be set up this way, but wasn't sure about the
smaller BA353 as it wasn't intended to be used this way (from what I
can tell from manual).

Thanks very for any help that can be offered.

This will work. I tested exactly this configuration some years ago. I
also had a 4mm tape drive connected externally and that worked too. It
wouldn't have been a supported configuration, but who cares now?

A L B E R T A Alfred Falk falk@xxxxxxxxx
R E S E A R C H Information Systems Dept (780)450-5185
C O U N C I L 250 Karl Clark Road
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
http://www.arc.ab.ca/ T6N 1E4
http://outside.arc.ab.ca/staff/falk/

  • Big problem with lsm and advfs
    ... configuration following some problems after swapping a dead drive. ... root/swap/usr/var filesystems and the whole thing mirrored by lsm. ... It went fine for root, swap and then gave me some issues when trying to do ... The top 3 drives are one half lsm mirror, with a hot spare on the 4th drive, ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • Re: clearing Vinum configurations
    ... the configuration currently read into memory, and NOT clear the Vinum ... On another box, again 4.8-RELEASE only with IDE instead of SCSI drives, ... plexes on an uninitialized drive and as such, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: new dell, dumb operator needs help!
    ... hard disks that are not in a raid configuration. ... listed under 'hard disk'. ... drives in 'my computer' then it is pretty clear that you do not have raid ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: SQL Configuration
    ... Because this is what is gonna shape your disk configuration. ... and the new servers have two drives, one for programs and one for data. ... our databases on the data drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Newbie: Fedora Core 4 Dual hard drive boot problems
    ... First is configured on IDE! ... i/f as primary and has three partitions; ... Ok so this is what your configuration should look like if you have 3 ... It if is at all possible, you should reconfigure your drives on the IDE ...
    (linux.redhat.install)