Re: How to disable interactive prompt and autologon inside a shell script

From: Colin M ("Colin)
Date: 04/04/03

From: "Colin M" <colin (at) wew (dot) co (dot) uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:11:09 +0100

"xo99ox" <xo99ox@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:9971d457.0304031707.53e773ee@posting.google.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run a ftp function inside a shell script. However no
> matter what I do, the -i and -n cannot be recognized by the ftp
> function. They were read as illegal option by the su function.
> Therefore, it still prompt for password.

tried enclosing the command in quotes?

> How can I make it work with the disable interactive prompt and
> autologon inside the shell script? I also tried to create a .netrc
> under the user home directory, but it didn't have any effect.

...if you've specified '-n' it will be ignored until you you issue a 'USER
?????' command.

<snip>
> content of ftpfile:
>
> cd /u0x/path
> lcd /u0x/anotherpath
> prompt
> mget *
> bye

If you insert a line at the top of the script:
        user notroot password

and either replace password with the relevant value, or omit it if it is in
.netrc it should work. e.g.
    user anonymous colin@nowhere.xyz

HTH

Colin