Re: HP C compiler questions.

From: Tapani Tarvainen (tt+gn20030717T152339_at_it.jyu.fi)
Date: 07/17/03

Date: 17 Jul 2003 15:33:18 +0300

dhandly@cup.hp.com (Dennis Handly) writes:

> On IPF, the C compiler is based on the aC++ compiler. PA won't change.

Ahh, that's a detail I missed. On PA the compilers will remain
distinct then, I take it.

> the IPF C compiler no longer supports K&R mode, -Ac.
> http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-0137/5187-0137.html
> (Note there are very few things that require changing between K&R and
> ANSI C.)

Is there any equivalent of cc's +M0 option to get warnings
of ANSI-incompatibilities?

--
Tapani Tarvainen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reason behind MISRA rule 111
    ... File permissions are an extremely rare exception, ... C suffers from legacy problems. ... missing, leading to costly debugging time, whereas compilers are great ... more than having a tool find them and signal them as warnings. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: does VS C++ 2005 actually work????
    ... But I've also dealt with these tons of new warnings. ... Microsoft gets a lot of ... Early versions of C compilers did not warn when unprototyped functions were ... I personally found intellisense failing far more often ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: [Lit.] Buffer overruns
    ... >>all errors and warnings enabled, ... > But then I'll switch compilers, and find a whole new bunch of whimsical ... > you just have to roll with the diagnostics, ... conditionals on the sizes of built-in types often generate warnings of ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Is it standard and practical to use long long types?
    ... >> Compilers are free to emit completely bogus warnings at any time. ... error messages are issued for syntax ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Avoiding "unused dummy argument" warnings.
    ... argument" warnings from compilers in this case? ... I know it isn't a bug in terms of standard conformance. ... standard doesn't prohibit compilers from giving all kinds of silly ... (the gfortran crew), I won't bitch.... ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)