sam, increase size to logical volume

From: yls177 (yls177_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: 7 Oct 2003 20:46:14 -0700

* Performing task "Extend the size of a logical volume.":
  Logical volume /dev/vg00/lvol5 is being extended.
  * Executing the following command:
  /sbin/lvextend -l 64 /dev/vg00/lvol5
  * Command completed with exit status 0.
    * Performing task "Resize JFS File System": Resizing /myfile. ^
  * Executing the following command:
  fsadm -F vxfs -b 524288 /myfile
  * Command completed with exit status 32.
  ERROR The command used to resize a VxFS file system has failed. The
  stderr output from the command is shown below.
  vxfs fsadm: attempt to resize /dev/vg00/rlvol5 failed with
  errno 28

what is wrong? thanks

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Resizing Image Files
    ... I've been trying to get myself familiar with how this works from the command ... I used this simple command to resize a few images and it worked perfectly ... I'm in the process of creating a database to organize my websites photo ... same images to the subfolder. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: How to resize RAID-1 partitions (mdraid)
    ... resize command is documented. ... Not the "resize" command, because I already ... What other partitions you have on the disks? ... Do you have other partitions before or after the changing ones? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Return Value of a Command
    ... A command and a system call are entirely ... The variable errno is set by various library ... of the program is the single argument to exit(), ... > fails the program exits with 1. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Cant compile this code:
    ... | command interpreter shis available, and zero if it is not. ... A return value of 127 means the execution of the shell ... | execute the command passed to it. ... errno never yields a result other than zero. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: eps to jpg
    ... I played with that a bit more, and would change the above command to ... and bit depth are restored after the resize is finished. ... That makes a significant difference in the precision ... with which some images are resized. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)