Re: GCC on HP-UX 10

From: David Ross (arragon_at_NOSPAMlineone.net)
Date: 11/20/03

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:42:37 +0000

Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de wrote:

>You have the wrong assembler in the path first, seems to be the HPUX
>one. Reorder your PATH to have gas (the GNU assembler) at the front.
>gas should have been included in your gcc-install package,

That's what I thought, but there's something else going on:

rossd@sirius:/home/rossd$ whence as
/usr/local/bin/as
rossd@sirius:/home/rossd$ ll /usr/local/bin/as
-rwxr-xr-x 1 203 200 4617688 Jun 23 13:38
/usr/local/bin/as*
rossd@sirius:/home/rossd$ as -v
GNU assembler version 2.14 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20) using BFD version
2.14 20030612

I'm doing something really dumb somewhere.

David

----
Note anti-spam in email address...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which x86 assembler for Windows/Linux/Solaris?
    ... > There's also GAS (Gnu Assembler). ... GAS doesn't assemble as fast as NASM, ... It also does Intel syntax now. ... Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP, UAF, RESPECT, StWC ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: GCC on HP-UX 10
    ... but got a cheap box to act as a print server amoung other ... You have the wrong assembler in the path first, ... Reorder your PATH to have gas (the GNU assembler) at the front. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
  • AT&T to Intel Syntax Translation
    ... x86 files to Intel syntax? ... Bonus points if it can handle the range of GAS (GNU assembler) ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: GNU as vs nasm?
    ... but I will freely admit I have been ... >> programming x86 much longer than gas has been available, ... >As far as I can tell, work on the GNU assembler started in 1986, ... The so-called "gas syntax", which is really the issue here, is derived ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)