How to add a tape drive to HP-UX 11.
- From: "Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:42:50 +0000
I'm trying to add a SCSI tape drive (HP Surestore DAT 40 aka C5683A) to a HP C3600 running HP-UX 11.0. What is the procedure for this?
# ioscan -C tape
# ioscan | grep C5683A
10/0/15/1.2.0 unknown HP C5683A
So the tape drive is seen by ioscan, but it can't determine what it is.
I found an example in a book for doing this, (the book is on HP-UX 11i, which I am not running yet), but I have no idea why it used the minor number '0x002000'. When I tried it, it did not work - see below.
# mksf -v -C tape -m 0x002000 /dev/rmt/0
mksf: Couldn't find driver matching arguments
Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).
Please note my email address changes periodically to avoid spam.
It is always of the form: month-year@domain. Hitting reply will work
for a couple of months only. Later set it manually.
- Prev by Date: Needed: Textbook (or courseware) presenting MirrorDisk/UX and HP Serviceguard
- Next by Date: Re: How to add a tape drive to HP-UX 11.
- Previous by thread: Needed: Textbook (or courseware) presenting MirrorDisk/UX and HP Serviceguard
- Next by thread: Re: How to add a tape drive to HP-UX 11.