Re: Why does Data Protector take so long to import a tape?

Lousy program design.

"Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:87slb0v59m.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I was a bit to quick to export a tape media with Data Protector 6.0, so I
decided to import it again. However it seems to take at least as long as
reading the whole tape at least once, even though I had specified to import
none of the catalogs (I only need the Media properties for some reason)...

Can anybody explain why it takes that long? I would expect that DP just scans
a few directory parts to import a media. There are multiple sessions on the
tape (DLT8000).

Regards,
Ulrich
.