/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol

I am trying to port a Perl script that uses a MySQL database to an HP-
UX server. I've installed Perl (v5.6.1 built for PA-RISC2.0), and
MySql (Server version: 5.0.51a MySQL Community Server (GPL)). I've
also installed the Perl module DBD-mysql-4.007. When the script tries
to connect to the database (DBI->connect($DSN, $DBUSER, $DBPW)), I get
this output:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: mysql_init (code) from /opt/
perlmod/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.sl

Googling, I find lots of people running lots of scripts (not just
Perl) who get similar messages for lots of different symbols, but I
can't find a solution that works. I've already tried setting both
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mysql/lib and LD_PRELOAD=/opt/mysql/lib, to no
avail. Running /opt/mysql/bin/mysql works, even without those being
set.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

P.S. Running uname -a returns this:

HP-UX hqhpubu8 B.11.11 U 9000/800 1563736587 unlimited-user license

  • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
    ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... the way the client is implemented in the php mysql extension and 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
    ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... How does it relate to e.g. a script performing a large mysql query? ... 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Perl / Apache on RH9.0 not working.
    ... The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your ... Premature end of script headers: ... This is the first time I"ve used Apache 2.0 so I'm not sure if this is an Apache or a Perl issue. ... Configuration Phase Participation: Create Directory Config, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Advice for moving linux script to MacPerl
    ... in perl that runs on our Linux web server. ... - I told them to download and install MacPerl, ... script that prints the environment variables. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: DBD::Oracle dbd_st_execute slow speed
    ... I take it you are comparing like for like with the Plus or Developer script? ... have you tried this piece of Perl with some hardcoded values? ... My DBA ran an analyze table, looked at the indexes and server ... the same oracle database and same schema and tables. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)