HP-UX 11.11 patches troubles
- From: supervinx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 23:47:30 +0000 (UTC)
Everything went well (lot of patches were not applicable).
At next boot, Nautilus showed an odd behaviour.
When Ximian Gnome is loaded, after background rendering, the screen flashes (white)
and desktop icons are displayed.
If I double click on the home icon, a window is created, then suddenly closed,
video flashes again and sometimes the desktop icons disappear.
If I run from xterm nautilus, the icons reappear.
If I create on the desktop a new folder, I can open that folder but as soon as
I go back on the directory tree nautilus disappear again.
Starting nautilus from terminal doesn't help, no additional messages.
Running nautilus -c ends in a "bus error".
I reinstalled the Ximian Gnome 1.4 depot, with no changes.
Option were to reinstall and overwrite.
I removed also all files created by gnome and nautilus.
No help, they were recreated and the behaviour was the same.
This is due to an applied patch, but how to find the "offending" one ?
The quality pack bundle had a plenty of them...
BTW, I can use dtfile as a temporary file manager, even if under Gnome,
but I hate to be left in this unclean state...
- Prev by Date: Re: [OT?] EnvizeX a-series configuration [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: HP-UX 10.20 Core installation CD
- Previous by thread: Re: [OT?] EnvizeX a-series configuration [SOLVED]
- Next by thread: HP-UX 10.20 Core installation CD