Re: SGI's Letter to the Linux community

From: The Linux AntiChrist (cosmos_at_hepcat.org)
Date: 10/07/03

    Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:16:47 GMT

    James Holden <gro_removethis_ups@jamesholden.net> wrote:
    > All,

    > http://oss.sgi.com/letter_100103.txt

    > Seems some of SGI's contributions to Linux were slightly questionable,

    They were. A real contribution to Linux would be the sterilization of
    it's user base to prevent further spread of this 21st century plague.

    cheers.

    • Re: Is Linux A Feasible Platofrm For Professional DAW work ?
      ... Windows, I'd ask if you installed the driver, and if the installation ... In Linux, however, about all I know how to tell you is that probably ... be an impressively large user base. ... Reaper but likely larger than most small DAWs for Windows or OS X ...
      (rec.audio.pro)
    • RE: Begs a question: AV in Linux
      ... Your personal Linux desktop.... ... > windows, than you should run AV in at least ... you are open to macro viruses and all the same ... But you can help spread them. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Begs a question: AV in Linux
      ... Beyond of your Windows, It exists another World, is called LINUX! ... you are open to macro viruses and all the same ... But you can help spread them. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Virus in Linux ?
      ... > spread if it made use of a security hole (a buffer overflow vulnerability ... > would not require anyone to manually run its code as root. ... > actually have been made for Linux and even spread a noticeable amount ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Viva Linux
      ... Because Linux doesn't have a large user base ... just a poor, insecure, unreliable, expensive proprietary client for a *nix ...
      (alt.os.linux)