Re: SGI's 'make' strips -LANG:std from the link line??

From: Chris Sorenson (csoren_at_isd.net)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:22:15 -0500

wave++ wrote:
> On 6 Oct 2004 14:25:58 -0700, Chris Sorenson wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I'm trying to use autoconf to generate makefiles for a combination C,
>>C++, and Fortran program.
>>The problem is that using autoconf's 'CXXFLAGS' variable to pass
>>'-LANG:std' to SGI's 'make' doesn't work. 'make' is stripping
>>-LANG:std from the link line!
>

> Or... the generated Makefile has some GNU make dialects.
> Or... autoconf is using GNU sed features to substitute the values.

Everything that gets sent off to any non-GNU platforms (we're
developing on Sun, SGI, and Linux) gets generated by the 'make dist'
target, which is supposed to be platform independant across the *nix
spectrum. Yeah right! ;)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: C Programming
    ... recommend changing the autoconf input files and ... the sources) or build on another platform. ... apart Makefiles for things like Ghostscript to build them with Norcroft, ... intermediate tools built by Linux for RISC OS wouldn't then run on Linux. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: PATCH [0/3]: Simplify the kernel build by removing perl.
    ... And from makefiles for that matter. ... I agree that Autoconf sucks (I've written enough sucking Autoconf ... the long stretches checking for the existence of header files ... let alone compiling for different OS ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1
    ... wrong due to the completely unreadable Makefiles generated by autotools. ... Do not mistake the use of autoconf with automake. ... useful Makefile yourself and use autoconf to select installation ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: SGIs make strips -LANG:std from the link line??
    ... > I'm trying to use autoconf to generate makefiles for a combination C, ... > The problem is that using autoconf's 'CXXFLAGS' variable to pass ... / \__/ \ HPC and Engineering: ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.misc)