Re: odd behaviour of "pwd" & "df" after Live Upgrade?

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme (kjetilho_at_yksi.ifi.uio.no)
Date: 08/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:40:42 +0200

[Richard L. Hamilton]:

> For the Solaris 8 FCS code, the relevant source file appears to be
> src/uts/common/fs/lookup.c; that's about all I can say
> here...hopefully one of the Sun guys (Casper, where are you???)
> will take the hint, file a bug, and maybe even a fix.

why do you think this is a bug? there are valid uses for restricting
access to a mounted disk. e.g., a CDROM can be made available to a
single user even if all files on it are world readable. if you "fix"
the bug, I would need to add an extra directory level to the mount
point.

--
Kjetil T.

Relevant Pages

  • [Un] Unangband 0.6.3 released
    ... Allow player to assemble friendly monsters and carry eggs to hatch ... Updated druidic spells to use new region code. ... Fix lockup bugs generating the Old Forest. ... Fix bug where items dropped by monster death would infinitely ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • please pull from the trivial tree
    ... Fix spelling in E1000_DISABLE_PACKET_SPLIT Kconfig description ... +- Finding patch that caused a bug ... +Always try the latest kernel from kernel.org and build from source. ... Length of input string in bytes ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Subterrane v0.194 Alpha Released
    ... system, a character sheet, a ton of new spells, new monsters, item ... Added a character sheet that displays your character's ... Fix: Fixed a bug in the encumbrance calculation and status display ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)
  • Re: Larkin, Power BASIC cannot be THAT good:
    ... If they did not produce a product with *adequate* quality then customers would not buy it and the company would not make a profit. ... it is to change a product in the field, and Y axis is bug density. ... but when the in service fix is almost free to the supplier then they will exploit that to their advantage. ... On-screen programming is pretty much type and ignite and see what ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Unangband 0.6.2-wip7a has been released
    ... This release is mostly a bug fix revision to wip7, however, I was able ... You can now use the run command to 'step' into an adjacent monster, ... The player only suffers a monster disease if the monster disease ... Fix up some animal speech sayings. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.announce)