Re: Question about SunOS 5.5.1 root access

:)
Of course you're right!
But there's a reason: I'm a retrocomputer's lover!
That machine didn't even switch on when I got it, and now the only
matter is the root password.
I could install a bsd or something like that but i'd like to mantain
the sunOS.
Actually i still have some problems to solve but i've done a lot of
steps ahead and i'm happy to see that machine still running software.
:)

Anyway, you're all very kind and i thank yuo for the precious
informations

Lele

  • Re: Question about SunOS 5.5.1 root access
    ... But there's a reason: I'm a retrocomputer's lover! ... That machine didn't even switch on when I got it, ... but I suggest you install SOlaris 7 (the last version ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: HEADSUP usb2 (usb4bsd) to become default in 2 weeks.
    ... on Jan 3rd I will switch the GENERIC kernel to use ... is there any reason why this needs to be rushed in over the ... developer attention and updates (and yeah there might be painful ... and the milestones to take and open items. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: IMPLICIT NONE (F2k8+/-)
    ... The assertion that there is absolutely no good reason to continue with a convention that has served Fortran for 50 years, is itself, no good reason for change. ... Those of us who like implicit typing find that we can instantly recognize the type of a variable from its initial letter, provided that explicit typing has not been turned on. ... We have to conclude that only single variables are susceptible to mistyping and not being trapped. ... IMPLICIT NONE is the case that could be selected by a compiler switch, as the user of this option will have declared the type of every variable explicitly, and other than the case where the programmer has made an error, it is immaterial whether or not it is used. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: The mechanism behind bouncing...
    ... I just wish to know the precise reason why for example, ... noise-free source like a mechanical switch. ... They do not scale with voltage? ... Your logic is like saying a resistor behaves exactly the same no matter what ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: whats the ifc corresponding argument for -bp in absoft f90
    ... > The problem is dsinwhere y is a single precision floating point while ... Guess I have to ask why you don't just fix the code? ... Is this the *ONLY* reason you are using the -dp option? ... I wouldn't guarantee that it necessarily has such a switch. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)