Re: iPlanet/Sun Java Web Server

From: Elias (nospam_at_charter.net)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:37:54 -0800

Tony wrote:
> All,
>
> I am looking into iPlanet and found that www.sun.com has references to
> iPlanet, Sun One, and Sun Java Web Server. Are these all the same? I
> am targeting version 6 ... it seems that iPlanet 4.x is the latest
> available for download, but the docs.sun.com makes references to
> iPlanet version 6.0.x as well as Sun One version 6.0.x, as well as Sun
> Java Web Server version 6.0.x.
>
> Are these all the same products? Has the name been changed? Did one
> product replace the other?
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

They are all the same product family. In chronological order...
Sun | Netscape Alliance
iPlanet
Sun ONE (Open Network Environment)
Sun Java System

Putting aside the product names, you can look simply at the version
numbers to determine which is newer. The latest info is at:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/product_categories/web_servers.html

Elias

Relevant Pages

  • iPlanet/Sun Java Web Server
    ... I am looking into iPlanet and found that www.sun.com has references to ... iPlanet, Sun One, and Sun Java Web Server. ... Java Web Server version 6.0.x. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.apps)
  • Re: The 3 minute 56 second illusion
    ... orbital motion is referenced to the stellar background while daily ... Explaining your unique opinion over and over again, ... delicate and intricate way,assigned references for daily and orbital ... that the Sun or the Earth passeth the 12. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: All answers to C S Lewis
    ... > Do any of your above references refer specifically to the perihelion of ... and by Lydon and Sofia refer specifically to implications for Mercury's ... from the Sun, you can separate out the two. ... The other references I gave, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Directory Traversal in Sun iPlanet Administration Server 5.1
    ... Text of original posting to Sun: ... identified an issue with an installation of>>iPlanet ... Administration Express. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: accruate "sundials"
    ... >>> references ... > Dawn,noon and dusk are generated by the independent axial rotation of ... > the Earth into and out of its own orbital shadow. ... But isn't this shadow caused by obscuring the light from the sun? ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)