Re: Changing from Sendmail to Postfix on a Cobalt Raq-4i - feasible?

From: Martin Smith (Martin_at_rakupottery.org.uk)
Date: 06/15/05

    Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:41:08 +0100

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:10:15 +1000, Craig Dewick
    <cdewick@lios.apana.org.au> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I've got a few Cobalt server appliances and I'd like to dump sendmail and
    > use Postfix instead as the MTA since Postfix has vastly better anti-spam
    > and anti-malware features out of the box (and a lot more with the right
    > run-time configuration).
    >
    > Sun's always stuck with sendmail since I presume that is what the Redhat
    > Linux people have always preferred, but that comes at a big cost in terms
    > of the lack of anti-spam defences.
    >
    > Has anyone replaced Sendmail on a Cobalt server with Postfix, and are
    > there any web-references which contain good guides to doing this?

    have a look at www.postfix.org you will probably find that profitable,
    they run the postfix-users mailing list which I can personally recommend

    --
    Martin

    • Re: sendmail vs. postfix question
      ... > Sendmail is a large, monolithic, complicated program that runs as ... > Sendmail configuration is complicated and arcane -- it is the ... > Postfix has a different architecture, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
      ... I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up Postfix, and, for my sins, ... workstation ran Postfix, exim, sendmail or other such MTA. ... this is solely regarding the case of a minimal install on a resource-limited ... client machine that has absolutely no need for an MTA to be installed. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]
      ... > Postfix is inappropriate for our task as it's not configurable enough ... Milter and LDAP support must be ... I believe you're building sendmail yourself them. ... > users to change their passwords and other things on the LDAP servers. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: java on RH AS 3.0?
      ... same program names) and switch between them without uninstalling either. ... Its most common use is to switch between sendmail and postfix, ... is done using a series of 'slave' links which are automtically switched ...
      (RedHat)
    • RE: Sendmail or Postfix?
      ... my sendmail configuration and everything seemed to work. ... However when I installed ISPConfig, it reconfigured postfix and now ... Prior to installing ISPConfig and using sendmail instead of postfix, ...
      (Fedora)