Re: cost of second hand sun hardware
- From: Steve <stek1961NO@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:02:38 GMT
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:54:51 +0000, Dave (from the UK) wrote:
how much does a 3 year old sun server normally cost in the second handTake a look on eBay and see what they have sold at. If you are
market. lets say the specs look something like this.
A Sun E450 - 3 Ultra Sparc II 480 MHz with 8 MB E-Cache, 3GB RAM, SCSI
36DBx4, 18GBx2, Raid 5 and a Tapedrive.
registered on eBay you can see the completed auction prices for
yourself, but if you are not, just skimming the titles I see:
Sun E450, 4 x 400Mhz, 3Gb RAM, 4 x 18Gb, DVD sold at £100 (UK pounds)
SUN E450 2 x 400 MHZ CPU 1 GIG RAM RAID BACKPLANE Sold at £199 UK pounds.
SUN E450 with 2 x 400MHz CPU and 3GB Memory Sold at £215 pounds
So not a lot is the answer. £200 is about $300. Given US prices are a
bit cheaper than here. I guess you would need to pay a couple of hundred
$'s in the US.
I got four of them for under a quid!
- Prev by Date: Re: cost of second hand sun hardware
- Next by Date: Adaptec aua-4000A and sparc/solaris
- Previous by thread: Re: cost of second hand sun hardware
- Next by thread: Re: cost of second hand sun hardware