Re: Does an XVR-100 card work on Solaris/Intel

* llothar:

Does an XVR-100 card work on Solaris/Intel ?
Or is this Sparc only ?

IIRC the XVR-100 is basically an ATI Radeon 7000 Mac Edition. This card does work on a PC but not as primary adapter because it lacks a gfx card BIOS for initializing the card at bootup (the card has an OpenFirmwar-ROM). Thus you either need also another card as primary card or you flash the card with the ATI PC BIOS for this card. But then, better sell the XVR-100 and get a cheap PC gfx card (Radeon 7000s go for a few bucks today)...

Benjamin

  • Re: OT: System Upgrades
    ... >> I'm currently considering another AGP card in the Radeon 9800 range. ... > wary buyer get a Sapphire GTO2, basically the card is tagged as being ... > The GFX card you want must have a 2 at the end, GTO2, GTO without the ... > can not be flashed to match x850 due to the gpu core being different, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: OT: System Upgrades
    ... > I'm currently considering another AGP card in the Radeon 9800 range. ... can not be flashed to match x850 due to the gpu core being different, ... (Cpu is a 3000 but basically the more you spend the better you'll get, ... And full instructions for flashing the GFX card are here, ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: A8N-SLI Premium : problems
    ... >PCI-E gfx card. ... >If I remove the memory, I do get a "System failed memory test" message ... >Replacing the gfx card with an old PCI card has no effect either, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • A8N-SLI Premium : problems
    ... PCI-E gfx card. ... If I remove the memory, I do get a "System failed memory test" message ... Replacing the gfx card with an old PCI card has no effect either, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Windows MCE Keeps crashing...
    ... I have a Dell 4700 running MCE and when I added a second hard drive I had similar random crashes/hangs when recording TV or playing recorded TV. ... If there are no updated drivers your new video card might still be just fine but maybe draws too much current for the power supply in your machine. ... I have removed the geforce6200 gfx card and the problems seem to have ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)